The Newport Opera House Association is pleased to be taking part in NH Gives, a state-wide day of giving to local non-profits. We’d be pleased if you’d consider giving to NOHA. Your gift on NH Gives Day will be targeted to our “Light Up the Opera House” campaign, which aims to replace our aging theatrical lighting system, which is on its very last legs. We need $30,000 to complete phase one of this project, which will ensure our lights will stay on! By donating during the NH Gives campaign, you help us increase our chances of winning additional cash prizes. Click HERE to view our NH Gives profile page. The donate link will go live on June 6 at 6pm. If you need to give outside of the NH Gives hours, click on LIGHT UP THE OPERA HOUSE on our home page to give any time at all. We appreciate your consideration. See you at the Opera House!
Join us for this rollicking musical, based on the true story of sharpshooter Annie Oakley and her real-life romance with Frank Butler. This show is a nostalgic look back at Colonel Buffalo Bill Cody’s Wild West Show, and features classic songs by Irving Berlin, including “There’s No Business Like Show Business,” “You Can’t Get a Man With a Gun,” and “Doin’ What Comes Naturally.”
Friday, May 5 @ 7:30pm
Saturday, May 6 @ 7:30pm
Sunday, May 7 @ 2:00pm
Tickets are available online HERE, or by calling the Box Office at 603-863-2412. Request either Balcony or Main Floor, and you will assigned the best available tickets.
ANNIE GET YOUR GUN is presented through special arrangement with R & H Theatricals: http://www.rnh.com
Save the date for The Sunshine Town Social, our fabulous annual event that benefits both NOHA and the Library Arts Center. This year’s theme is Bond – James Bond. This evening will feature a live and silent auction, dinner, games, speciality drinks at our cash bar, live music, a raffle and a whole lot of fun!
The prize for this year’s raffle is a trip for two to Boston to see the Red Sox play the Yankees at Fenway! This prize includes tickets to the game, a hotel room, transportation and cash for a meal. Raffle tickets are $10 each, or 3 for $20. Click link below to buy raffle tickets online!
Click HERE to buy raffle tickets online!
- Buying tickets online means you’ll be automatically entered into the raffle. Please provide valid contact information when ordering. You do NOT need to present at the drawing (May 20) to win.
Join us for the 101st Winter Carnival Pageant on Friday, January 10 at 7pm. Show your support for this year’s Queen Contestants: Claudia Biron, Danielle Cherry, Hannah Everitt, Emma Kibbie, Kyrstin Kibbey, Jasmine Patenaude and Aspen Toliver. Celebrate with our 23 Princes and Princesses! The pageant begins at 7pm. Tickets are $17.50 and are limited. Buy tickets online HERE. You have a choice of the main floor or the balcony, and the best available tickets in either section are assigned in the order in which requests are received. If you have special seating needs, please call the Box Office and we will do our best to accommodate you. If we are away from the phone, please leave a message so we can put tickets aside for you and call you back. Get your tickets soon – they are going fast!
The NOHA Box Office will be closed from Dec. 8 through Dec. 12 for vacation. We’ll be back at 11am on Dec. 13. Need to drop off a Winter Carnival Application? The Newport Rec will be accepting them until the deadline, which is Dec. 9 at 3pm! We will be checking email – email@example.com – if you need to reach us.
See you Tuesday!
Want to help young women gain poise, build self-confidence and earn scholarships? Volunteer for the Winter Carnival Pageant Committee!
This a rewarding way to give to the community, and the commitment is only for two months!
Here’s what we need:
APPRENTICE TO THE PRINCE/PRINCESS COORDINATOR:
- This person will have a leadership role in the 2018 pageant as our long-time coordinator is retiring. This is a perfect way to learn the ropes!
- A commitment of approximately 2 hours per week (1 hour in rehearsal.)
- Involves working with children, interacting/communicating with parents, and some administrative tasks.
- Important skills include positivity, organization, and tact.
- Depending on interest and skill level , this person will assist with a variety of possible tasks, including updating Word documents, proofreading, running errands, tracking tickets/raffle tickets, answering phones, some communication with sponsors/customers/parents, and other similar tasks.
- Important skills include familiarity with programs like Word and Excel, positivity, and attention to detail.
- Commitment of approximately 2-4 hours per week (only 1 week in December; each in week in January until mid-February.
Interested? Give us a call at 863-2412 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for our 1940’s-style radio play version of the holiday classic, “It’s a Wonderful Life.” Be a part of the studio audience as our eight “radio actors” play all the parts, perform live sound effects, and watch as George Bailey discovers that he really does have a wonderful life after all. Tickets are $10 each, and we are encouraging a non-perishable food item as a donation, to share the holiday spirit with our whole community. Performances Dec. 1 & 2 at 7:30pm. See you then!
Buy tickets HERE