The NOHA Box Office will be closed from Dec. 8 through Dec. 12 for vacation. We’ll be back at 11am on Dec. 13. Need to drop off a Winter Carnival Application? The Newport Rec will be accepting them until the deadline, which is Dec. 9 at 3pm! We will be checking email – email@example.com – if you need to reach us.
See you Tuesday!
Want to help young women gain poise, build self-confidence and earn scholarships? Volunteer for the Winter Carnival Pageant Committee!
This a rewarding way to give to the community, and the commitment is only for two months!
Here’s what we need:
APPRENTICE TO THE PRINCE/PRINCESS COORDINATOR:
- This person will have a leadership role in the 2018 pageant as our long-time coordinator is retiring. This is a perfect way to learn the ropes!
- A commitment of approximately 2 hours per week (1 hour in rehearsal.)
- Involves working with children, interacting/communicating with parents, and some administrative tasks.
- Important skills include positivity, organization, and tact.
- Depending on interest and skill level , this person will assist with a variety of possible tasks, including updating Word documents, proofreading, running errands, tracking tickets/raffle tickets, answering phones, some communication with sponsors/customers/parents, and other similar tasks.
- Important skills include familiarity with programs like Word and Excel, positivity, and attention to detail.
- Commitment of approximately 2-4 hours per week (only 1 week in December; each in week in January until mid-February.
Interested? Give us a call at 863-2412 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for our 1940’s-style radio play version of the holiday classic, “It’s a Wonderful Life.” Be a part of the studio audience as our eight “radio actors” play all the parts, perform live sound effects, and watch as George Bailey discovers that he really does have a wonderful life after all. Tickets are $10 each, and we are encouraging a non-perishable food item as a donation, to share the holiday spirit with our whole community. Performances Dec. 1 & 2 at 7:30pm. See you then!
Buy tickets HERE
The Annual Winter Carnival Pageant is open to young women 11th or 12th grade who either live in Newport or attend school here. Prince and Princesses are second graders who either live in Newport or attend school here. Click below to download an application! Applications are due by 3pm on December 9th, and can be returned to the Newport Recreation Center, the Opera House, or emailed to email@example.com. They can also be mailed to the Opera House at PO Box 351, Newport, NH 03773. Questions? Call us at 863-2412!
This classic comedy follows the adventures of Elwood P. Dowd, a kind and generous gentleman, whose best friend happens to be an invisible 6’5″ tall rabbit named Harvey. Is Harvey real? Join us to find out! You will receive an email confirmation and your tickets can be picked up at the event.
Friday, November 18 @ 7:30pm
Saturday, November 19 @ 7:30pm
Sunday, November 20 @ 2pm
To purchase tickets: https://squareup.com/market/newport-opera-house-association
Our Halloween Party is back, and now features TWO bands! LAST KID PICKED and FLEW-Z will both be performing! Once again, we’ll have a costume contest with prizes (and for the first time, we’ll have a few CASH prizes!) Cash bar open. This events takes place Saturday, Oct. 29. Doors open at 7pm, music starts at 7:30pm, and the fun goes on until midnight.
BUY TICKETS HERE!
Tickets are $20 per person or $35 for two people.
- Please note this is a 21 and over event – ID’s will be required at the door.
- Tickets will not be shipped and will be held at the Box Office for pickup during regular Box Office hours or on the night of the event beginning at 7pm.
“Harvey” cast list is posted! Tickets will go on sale in mid-October!
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO DONATED TO “LIGHT UP THE OPERA HOUSE” DURING NH GIVES DAY!
NH Gives raised over $184,000 for 281 non-profits statewide, and we were proud to be a part of it! The Opera House raised $650 towards our goal of replacing our failing lighting system. We have deep gratitude to those who contributed!
Even though June 7 has passed, we still need to raise more to reach our goal! Click on the link below to donate to Phase One, which will allow us to replace the infrastructure of the system. Stay tuned for more ways you can help in the months ahead.
The Opera House will direct all funds raised through this campaign exclusively to our “Light Up the Opera House!” fund drive. None of these funds will be spent on general operating expenses. Thank you in advance!
Light Up The Opera House!